Founded in 1855, Saint Patrick's, the oldest parish in Ottawa serving English-speaking Catholics was completed and blessed in 1875. The interior
modern Gothic design has been enriched by sacred paintings, stained glass windows, a Casavant pipe organ, marble altars, pulpit, communion railings,
and statues. These traditional appointments to God's glory preserve an atmosphere for private prayer and public worship in the spirit of Vatican II.
Saint Patrick's was elevated to the status of Basilica in 1995.